Thursday 16 April 2015

A sweet brekky bite

Now I'm not a food critic, but so far my ratio here is a bit down on the food side, so a food-related post seemed in order.
What I like about Hobart bites at the moment is nicely described by Oonagh from Little Missy Patisserie when she said how she loves how the local bakeries/patisseries are showcasing their own specialities and uniqueness. Which I think hits the nail on the head.

Photo by Sarah Ryan
After a very lean day yesterday, I balanced it out by dropping in for a breakfast treat at Small Fry.
The doughnuts here have become a niche sweet treat, handmade each day with varying flavours. I chose Tiramisu, which had an espresso icing and a creamy mascarpone filling. Need I say it was delicous? It was.
There was also Apple Crumble (which I've had before - yum) and a Very Berry which was also very tempting. 
And I should add that following that, my other meals today will be laden with vegetables and chia seeds and natural yogurt and all good things like that! (Well, that's the plan...)

2 comments:

  1. looks good why cant we make them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they do look good! We're not really set up for making bulk cappuccinos and doughnuts at school. Or even in small quantities actually... and that makes them all the more delicious to have as a treat occasionally.

    ReplyDelete